Re: Hello agian

Grant,

If you can take off every other spark plug wire with no effect on the
engine.  Your problem isn't the carb. It's the ignition.  Since it is
running, although roughly, the gold box and sensor in the distributor are
ok.  I'd check the dist cap and plug wires and plugs.

The way to check the plug wires is to get a digital volt meter and measure
the resistance of each wire.  Then, measure the length of each wire and
divide the resistance by the length.  You should get the same result for
each wire, plus or minus 15%.  If you don't, replace the wires.
Resistance wires are seriously fragile.  I usually figure I can remove
them a couple times without hurting them.  **really**.   The best way to
remove them is to go to a good auto parts and look around for a plug-wire
removing tool.  It should grab the boot at the plug end and pull from
there.  Actually it hooks under the lip of the boot. I've had a lot less
trouble since using one of these.

I live in St. Louis so I can't help along the way.  I'm jealous if you're
going to Colorado.

Steve
Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776