Current suspension

The 77 Scout II I am working on has already been lifted quite a bit but
I am wondering about the IQ of the previous owner.
Lift in the front is done using long shackles on the fronts of the
spring. These are over 7" long and don't even have the H piece in them
and no bracing between them.
The rear is lifted by using a Ford rearend (springover).
My son took the truck to a local driveline shop that has a good
repuation and works on most of the lifted trucks in this area. The owner
of the shop said the truck was unsafe as is but he could fix it for
about $2000.00..(This is not an option)
The 2 grand will buy new springs, convert the IH rear we have to spring
over , and he will rotate the front pumpkin to keep the driveline angles
correct.
The truck currently handles pretty poorly and jumps a lot over bumps.
Any under 2 grand ideas are welcome and even better would be a program
to gradually fix it.
Thanks
Chuck
(no fancy sig)