Re: Hey, got an electrical question...

In a brilliant stroke of genius, bdugan <bdugan@domain.elided> blurted out:

>3. Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you swing the headlight knob all
>the way to the right(or left?) to key the interior light, is that just
>for the dome light, or for the dome *and* the courtesy lights?(my dome
>is disconnected 'cause the soft top is still on.)

The dome *and* courtesy lights are all supposed to come on.  They are all
on the same circuit.

>4. Also, my horn is dead. When I bought the truck it worked but now no
>dice. Where physically is the horn relay(and, for that matter, the
>flasher relay?)

The horn relay is in the engine compartment on the driver's side fender
wall.  You might need to replace it, but first check the fuse on the fuse
panel under the dash.  All of the front end electrical lights and horn use
a common ground that can become corroded and cause electrical problems.

>..note to self: ask for the service manual for Christmas...

This should be the first item purchased after buying the truck.

John
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com    |
Conservative Libertarian      |
Life Member of the NRA        |        All the GOOD things in life
WA Arms Collectors            |              are DANGEROUS!
Commercial Helicopter - Inst. |
www.halcyon.com/jlandry/      |