33s and Starter alternative

Tom I would have to say you have some good points. Why dont we just measure
the inner fender from widest part to widest part to see if it will clear
the 33 tire diameter.

Ah so you cheated at the roundup with that 99 inch wheelbase Scout....ah..ha

Starters:
As for getting a new Starter why not just spend the $100 and get a mean
Green high torque aftermarket one with a warrenty and be done with it. That
is what I plan to do next starter and then warrenty the schucks and keep as
a backup. The other nice thing about the mean Green is it is smaller and
lighter allowing more airflow to it.

Hey we could also route a cooling duct to the starter to blow fresh air
over it. I know sounds Manderish if ya ask me but it may work.

John Fleck

1979 Travler- Camping, Towing, hunting, fishing, hauling rig
1967 800- 78,289 org miles, around town driving business advertisment write
off.
1968 800- body to transplant on Hard core offroad rig with Scout 2 frame
1977 Travler-parts rig

1978 Scout 2- 26,268 original miles....FOR SALE....

1974 Postal Scout- Perfect shape..needs engin rebuilt..FOR SALE....