33 comment and electrical question

IMHO, I think y'all are debating different varieties of apples in your "33s
fit with a 4" suspension lift or not debate", Tom has 12.5x33.15s and John
has 9.50x33x15s, the key as I see it (with minimal scout 2 experience) is
that the section width of the tire affects the rubbing, if we assume the
backspacing of each rim is the same, the narrower tire will have a better
chance of tucking up into the wheel well and not rubbing on the body. Just
seems that one needs to compare the same tires in each case. Also Tom
commented that a 33 is a 33, not always true, I got rid of a set of tires
lables 12.5x33x15 that were barely 31" loaded diameter (30 psi and on an
8.5"rim), my Generals are about 32.5 on the same rim. My $.02

Now for some help, I have an electrical problem that  has me confused,
sometimes I get an indicated 12-12.5 volts on the vm in the cab but with a
"normal" looking slightly + charge on the ammeter, sometimes it indicates a
full 13.5-14 v with the same ammeter indication. further, sometimes after
driving a while this way  )Low v Indicated) I can restart fine, sometimes
the battery is dead. Sometimes the output of the alternator is 13.8v and
sometimes 12.5, always with the same ammeter indication. I removed the
alternator (delco 65 a, internal regulated) and had it checked at the local
NAPA, checked fine. The control voltage (white wire) seems to be at about
11.5 when this happens, the output sensing wire (red) is at whatever the
output is, 12-14. Also sometimes I get no indication of charge until the
engine has been revved to some level as discussed a couple weeks ago, when
it "spikes" up,  other times it slowly creeps up to "normal". All of this
is random except that it will invariably happen if I have to pick up a kid
at night in the rain, or need to be somewhere in the rain at night, or if
it's just a bad time. It does SEEM to now be anytime it's dark and the
lights are on, but not only if it's dark and the lights are on. Any help
would be very much appreciated, this is not a good time to start easter
egging the fix.

Terry  Rust

No good can ever result from any attempt to set one of these fiery zealots
to rights, either in fact or principle. They are determined as to the facts
they will believe, and the opinions on which they will act. Get by them,
therefore, as you would by an angry bull; it is not for a man of sense to
dispute the road with such an animal."
Thomas Jefferson, Letter, 24 Nov. 1808, to his grandson