Re: Tom's V8

Tom,

When you describe rubbing off the carbon with your fingers.  Man that is
gas fouling.  Don't waste time looking for oil leaks.  At the rate you're
fouling, an oil leak would leave you with drippy wet plugs.  When we used
14 qts of straight 40 in one day, the plugs always came out wet.

It's your carb, I'd still bet money on it.  Mine's running rich but no
visible black smoke.  And I still get my puff of blue on startup, because
I put in the IH style valve stem seals.

Landry,

What part of the carb is running rich when it fouls only under heavy
load.  Could that be a misadjusted power valve??

Steve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776