Re: Axle storage

home
>and mess with your Scout and drive a measly half hour out into the woods to
>go wheeling, I would have to drive a minimum of two hours just to find a
>dirt, forest service road.

Half hour??!!  Try 5 minutes. :-)  I've gone wheelin' over my lunch break...
*after* I ate lunch.  *smile*

>I'm not so lucky as you as to have spare axles. But, I would hazard a

Well, they're sorta spare... they're from the '72 that hasn't moved in quite
some time and won't for a while longer.... so it doesn't really need 'em...
just one more excuse to find the $$$ for a Warn FF for it.

>Sheesh! Where will I ever get the time/money/drive to do these things?

Hah!  If you figger it out, lemme know.  ;)

I did change out the axle shaft over lunch, piece o' cake.  Is it just me,
or are the two bottom studs on the wheel flange *shorter* than the top ones?
I torqued 'em all to 25ft-lbs instead of 15 (which the book says), since I
didn't like how much thread wasn't showing through the nuts.

I put the truck in gear and tried to see a wobble again (sitting on jack
stands)... can't tell if I'm imagining a *small* wobble or not... I don't
*think* the rim is bent, so I think all is well.

-Tom