Axle storage

Alright, Mr. Harais will be pleased to hear that I do *not* have a date for
Saturday, so it looks like I'm coming home Saturday evening to make a few
preparations... and then I'm goin' wheelin' in the Twin Lakes area near
Ennis (100miles or so away) on Sunday...

Well, now that I'm equipped with a V8, and I seem to be able to break stuff
in town on the street readily enough....

I have the bent (flange) axle shaft standing upright on the garage floor.
Yeah, it wobbles, but I was thinking I could stow it in the Scout as a
trail-spare (I do have another straight 'shaft in the '72 rear end still)...
for use if I *break* a 'shaft.  What were the preferred methods of keepin'
'em clean and the grease off of everything else in the truck?

I think I have another rear driveshaft in one of my parts rigs (lying under
a pile of stuff in the cargo bed).. I'll hafta dig that out of the pile
tomorow evening and see how suitable for use it is.  Maybe I'll cannibalize
my other spare hub off the '72 to add to my trail box...

Y'know, there's not much room in the back of the Scout any more... 3 Action
packers of tools, parts, straps, fluids... one 33x10 spare tire, 5gal Jerry
can, toolkit, air tools box, and those two stupid 8" subs (they were free,
and they *do* make a difference. *smile*)... and there's precious little
room for anything else!

Time for a spare tire rack I guess...

-Tom
I'm goin' wheelin', I'm goin' wheelin'