Re: Wimpy Grand Cherokee

Oops.  I seem to have mildly offended someone (Andrew
Thomas) with my "wimpy Grand Cherokee" comment.  I mean
wimpy in comparison to the Scout.  The GC has unibody
construction, aluminum transfer case, and aluminum D44
housing components.  It is designed lightweight, which is
good, but my point is that if such a lighweight vehicle can
tow 6500 lbs, a Scout should oughtta be able to match it.

The GC also has a wimpier front axle.  The Grand Cherokee is
a vastly overpriced car with truck components.  It is very
off-road capable, especially with the new Quadratrac II, but
it ain't a Scout.  It also ain't a Scout in the acceleration
department.  ;-)  The GC is a great vehicle; it's too bad
it's so overpriced for what it is.  (a little jealosy here)
Who knows, if IH was still making Scouts, they probably
would also be sissified like all the other 4WD's on the
market (except the Ram).  ...talking half-ton here.  It's
what the public wants nowadays.  I admire Jeep for sticking
with the live axle front and rear.

Later,

Doug