Towing

>Plus, it'll be so long that on all but the widest 4x4 trails it'll be
>cumbersome , so I won't be tempted to take the tow rig >wheelin'.

This is funny, because this is why I'm always trying to sell
people on the 1000/1010 series as medium-duty (like one
Scout) tow rigs!  I added a couple of
leafs in the rear and it tows as well as the 1210.  You get:

* A very, very low center of gravity (the frame is boxed so
it doesn't have to be as tall for the same stiffness)
* A proper front IFS that doesn't have the odd alignment
problems of a 4wd
* 5 bolt wheels that you can swap with your Scout for
whatever reason (like sliding through a state inspection)
* An easy disc brake swap, if not already equipped (easy
if you can find a donor, that is).

and finally, as per Tom:

* Not only is it 2wd, but it can't be converted to 4wd!! So
you're not only never tempted to 'wheel it, but you're also
not tempted to go further and start modifying it... therefore
diluting the money and time you have for the Scout.

**In Use**
'70 1200D 4x4 Travelette 392 4spd
'73 1210 Wagonmaster, 392 auto
**Prepping for Repaint**
'67 1000B step-side p/up  BG241 + 4spd
**Parts (future projects?)**
'72 1010 T'all  392 at, '67 1000B T'all 266 3sp, '68 1100C 4X4 T'all 345 at