From: Jeff Tarquinio <tark_terra@domain.elided>
To: sranallo@domain.elided <sranallo@domain.elided>
Cc: ihc-digest <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Date: Tuesday, October 13, 1998 12:11 PM
Subject: re: warn winch

>Sounds like you might be able to pull the cable all the way out and spool
it back in on the bottom.  The polarity should be easily reversed, switch
the (+) with (-).  There may be two posts internally to the winch.  One to
run it forward and one to run it back.  I have experience only with a late
model Ramsey which the spool could be powered in or out, or you can
disengage the drive for easy unspooling large amounts of cable. The roller
that you mentioned is called a fairlead (sp?).