Warn Winch

Hey guys,
There seems to be allot of tech. knowledge on this digest.
I'm sure some one out there has some idea where to get
spare parts for an old circa '74 warn winch. the winch works
but needs to have the starter/motor rewound or polarity changed. The major
problem with the winch is it rotates the wrong way (Is this possible). This
winch came with one of the scouts I bought a year or so back. With the
custom bumper (nice). I believe someone replaced the original motor/starter
with one with the wrong polarity and the cable gets in a bind while
winching. I've observed other warn winches in action and they draw the cable
in from the bottom of the spool while mine draws it in from the top.
The roller assembly ((cable guide)I know there is a name for this)
is lined up with the bottom of the spool so this is what leads me into
thinking it is rotating the wrong way. Does anyone know where I can get
another motor or have the polarity changed. Appreciate
any advice response or remarks..=-)

Steve Ranallo           |   email: sranallo@domain.elided
2X '74 ScoutII 345 727 yada yada yada