tow mission complete

Thank you to everyone that gave me pointers on towing/trailering vehicles.I am sure the information saved me from learning some things the hard way.
We logged 530 miles in 12 hours, all on secondary roads.  The Goose neck/piggy back trailer we used was a joy to pull but its 30 foot length demanded unwavering attention on the highway and lots of preplanning when negotiating ranch gates.  The trailer is a fairly steep ramp with a level area above the trucks flatbed, so my winch got a work out loading and unloading the non-running vehicles onto and off of the trailer.  We used chains and chain tighteners to the axles and backed up one of the systems with a come-a-long (the vehicle sitting on the incline part of the trailer).
 One tip on chaining a vehicle that may have been mentioned in someones (Bill or Howard) post is, anchor your chains forward of the front axle and behind the back axle.  If you anchor directly below the axle the vehicle will be able to move forward and backwards just a little bit and  just a little bit is way too much.
Long day but wonderful scenery.

Willy
SS II (Ramsey RE 9000 that can suck the life out of a battery in short order)