Tailshaft Bearing trouble

I am hoping for some sagely advice concerning what I believe to be the
tailshaft bearing in the transmission. This bearing is located on the
pinion shaft, at the very back of the 727 transmission, just before it
enters the transfer case. I am the proud owner/caregiver for a '77 Scout
II, 304, dana 20, 727 Auto. This will be the first time that (I) will be
removing this bearing. I have seen it done before, when the tranmission
was dropped from the engine. To replace the bearing this time I would
like to leave the transmission alone and possibly just drop the transfer
case. Will I have to remove the cross support for the transmission and
transfer case ? I know that the bearing has cracked balls ( OWW! ) and
would like to be replaced, as it makes a raquet when travelling. I have
been told that this bearing is no longer made. It appears to have M or
MP then 203 or 205 marked on the bearing. It is not easy to tell. Any
wisdom that you may impart to my tender intellect shall be greatly
appreciated.

Bard

'77 Scout II, 304, dana 20, 727 Auto, Black and beautiful
'75 Scout II, 304, dana 300, 727 Auto, Black (new quarters)
'73 Scout, 345, dana 20, 4 spd, (The not quite beaten - beater)