holley vs. Carter

Greetings Cyberbinders:

I have a question for y'all to ponder.  Here's my situation: I'm currently
running a Holley 4160 (vacuum secondaries, manual choke) carb on a
squarebore manifold on the345 in my Scout II.  The thing runs ok- it
perpetually runs rich (64 jets) and I think has a minor vacuum leak around
the base. Seems like I'm always tinkering with it (a little knowledge is
dangerous...).  I've got the opportunity (maybe) to purchase a six month old
Carter AFB 625 cfm from atop my buddy's Mopar 360 for probably around $170.
I've heard that these get better mileage and are more reliable, but I was
wondering if anyone has any experience with these carbs and what I might
expect in terms of performance and mileage if I indeed make the swap...

Thanks a bunch.

Matt Neff
Corvallis, OR