Rambling and Running and Pertronix Babble

Finally!!!  My 61 Scout is running!!!!   I finally found TDC; though I had
it many times and did not realize it due to other electrical problems!  I
also found out how sensitive the electrical system is on these trucks.  When
it did run it ran like it was on 3 cylinders (4-banger 196) and I could not
find out why.  I tested the coil, new plugs, new spark plug wires, new
ignition ballast, etc...  Then I found it!  The distributor wire had a
slight crack in the insulation and the previous owner just wrapped it with
electrical tape.  What a lame fix hell it would have only taken the 5
minutes just to run a new wire.

Also I installed the pertronix kit 1481 on my 4 cylinder after mods it
worked and  ran rough, but that was before I cleared the other electrical
problems (new wires clean some corrosion off various terminals etc.)  I may
try it again when I need to replace the points but for now I am running and
I done working I my scout now it is time to play.

Has anyone else in the digest tried using the pertronix kit on a 196 with
HOLLEY distributor (not the small block chevy distributor)?  What were your
results?

Matt