Auto to manual swap Tips

Dave, your in luck, (depending on how you look at it).
I just did an auto to manual swap.  The manual driveline came from a '80
Scout II and it went into a 77 Scout, but the procedures should be similar
for you model.

You can't get the clutch and brake pedals out without removing the entire
bracket that holds up the steering column and the pedals.  There is not
enough clearance to remove the rod that supports the pedals.

Removing the bracket involves unbolting the steering column bracket under
the dash.  I removed the entire dash for easy access.  The bolts that hold
the bracket to the firewall are accessible after you remove the master
cylinder brake booster.

Once you have the bracket out of both vehicles it is simply a matter of
swapping them.

My '77 had a knock out in the floor for the clutch linkage rod.  The frame
also had the mounting ball for the linkages and levers.  Remember to remove
the retaining spring so you don't damage the two piece nylon bushings in the
linkage tube (for want of the correct terminology.)

The rest is simply the reverse of removal.

Hope this helps.

Ralph 77 ScoutII

.