Re: sway bars

Guys:

Get yourselves Fred Puhn's book on suspension design (HP books - not
expensive). Sway bars are not a "one size fits all" proposition. The
characteristics and design of the bar (width, length, steel & mounting arm
length) as well as the mounting points and location all play a role in the
amount of "anti-sway" such a bar exerts. The suspension, weight and
intended use of the vehicle all determine how much "anti-sway" you want to
add with a sway bar and front, rear or both again depends on the
characteristics of the vehicles suspension, handling and intended use.

Moral of the story is: It ain't that simple!

> >I talked to Quickor Suspension in Portland, OR about sway bars for my
> >800.  ... He warned against
> >only using  a single front or a single rear.  Claims it's very
dangerous,
> >you have to have both front & rear or none at all.

Corollary to the moral - that statement from quickor is TOO SIMPLE or pure
bullshit.

Tom H.