JC Whitney & Introduction

>From: Doug Rasmussen <76075.2276@domain.elided>
> Speaking of JC Whitney, sounds like at least a few digesters have order=
>ed from them.  At one time they had a pretty poor reputation.  On one of
the=
>Compuserve auto forums the consenus was DON'T deal with them.  Have thing=
>changed?  My only experience goes back many years, and then the problem w=
>as everything I ordered was out of stock.
>
>Doug

Doug,

The last time I ordered from them (about 3 yrs. ago), I ordered a bumper and
windshield gasket for my old Toyota 4x4. Since I'm close to Chicago, I
received the bumper and gasket the next day. No problem.

Also, I'd like to re-introduce myself to the digesters. My name is Tony
Urban and I live in Bensenville, IL. I used to subscribe to the digest about
a year or year-and-a-half ago. I sold both of my 1979 Scouts and thought I'd
kick the Scout habit. Well, I did for about six months and since then I've
been looking for another. I found my baby, a 1978 Scout II in very good
condition.  I sold my new Chevy pickup and bought a Scout. There really
isn't much a new truck can do that a Scout can't (and at 1/10 the price).
Does that qualify me as a Scout-aholic? I'm a novice wrencher, but I'm
learning and yearning.....

And for question #1... I'd like to replace the original 15 x 6(?) wheels and
P235 tires with 15x 7 wagon wheels (5 x 5.5, yes?) and BFG AT's.  I don't
think I'd like to stuff 31" BFG AT's under the stock suspension. Should I go
30" or smaller? Do I need 15 x 7 wheels?  Or should I use 15 x 6.5 like the
BB FAQ specifies?  Does it make that much of a difference? I'm not a big
rock-crawler. Most of the off-road I do is two-tracking with some mud and
shallow stream crossing. Any thoughts or things I should know?

Thanks.... and hello all.

Tony