Re: 33x9.50x15 You Say?

>Folks,
>I spoke yesterday with a guy who suggested that instead of swapping
>to 16 inch wheels, I consider keeping my 15 inchers and getting tires
>sized "33/9.50/15".  Does this make sense?  Is "33" the overall
>height and "9.50" the overall width?  He suggested this size as
>equivalent to a 7.50x16 inch tire.  Did I mis-hear the tire size?
>How would these two different sizes handle on and off road?
>Mark

Mark,

BFG makes the Mud-Terrain in 33/9.50.  I've been thinking about these
tires, as they will give me height, less chance of rubbing, and more
contact per square inch.  John Fleck has some experience with these (they
were on a friend's truck).  You might want to check with him.

Paul Brakefield
"Dirtball"

1966 IHC Scout 800- "The Beast"
	Chevy 350/SM465/Dana20