Roof racks, and tranny seals...

Mark,

        I have a Con-Ferr 5'x7' rack on top of my Travelall and it has 6" sides.
 You're not gonna roll over than at night without hurting yourself first.  I
have a 4'x7' x3/4" plywood in there, and it's 6" short of the sides to allow me
to run wires, and hold-down straps.  Basically you'd wakeup hitting the end of
the plywood before you rolled into the side of the rack.  This is all of course
pending your abrupt awakening and jump up to see what's wrong, and fall off the
truck.  OUCH>

        My rack works fine, mounts to the rain gutters, holds 300lbs, and was
$200 out the door atr the local Cepek.  I got the one piece rack, so no
brackets, or screws to break or strip out.  Keep in mind that the INSIDE is 5'
by 7', and the rack would not fit inside my Travelall, so I had to put on half
of the gutter mounts at the store, and the rack still wrapped in cardboard was
atop the truck for the 15 mile drive home.  Looked like a matress up there!  The
5x7 would fit the Scout no problem, but the scout didn't have a top with good
rain gutters at the time.  Maybe after I get the tranny back in...

        Anyone have ideas on the transmission seals yet?  I REALLY NEED THE
NUMBERS FOR THE TRANNY OUTPUT SEALS? THE TRANNY SHOP HAS NO IDEAS!  PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727 RE8000, Cibie40s, custom
                rear tire rack, 6 different color body panels.
                Not much sport, all utility.
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727 Hummer brush guard,
                3/4T rear springs, Hella Rallye 2000s, Con-Ferr 5x7,
                Class IV hitches front and rear, 3" Exhaust.
                1st Place, Rocky Mountain IH Rendezvous,
                3rd Place, Tulare IH Western Regionals.
         '74 IHC Travelall 150? 2wd 392/tf727 "The 'new' one"
                Factory AM/FM, Cruise, Tilt, AC, Captains Chairs,
                Rblt, Alt, carb, fuel pump, ps pump, water pump, dash,
                seats, rear door, starter, master cyl, what could be left?