Re: My master cylinder

Bill,
  What I mean is that when you seal the lid onto the MC you 'pressurize'
the space between the fluid and the gasket. As the level of the fluid
gets low, you now have a vacumn effect created, because you can't fill
that space with any more air because of the seal of the gasket.
Therefore if we have 5 PSI of air between the gasket and fluid when we
close the lid, we still have the same 5 PSI above the fluid, but; we
also have created a vacumn which is drawing the gasket down into the
resivoir.
   I have no real idea as this is really how it works, but; this is just
the way I persieve it to work. As always, I might be wrong. (What me
wrong?)

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
1979 Scout II 345, 727, D44's w/3.07's, 4" Triangle lift.
1971 Scout II 304, D30/44, D20, power steering.

Now with Pictures!