Re: Drop pitman arms

Jeff:

I'm afraid that wasn't me talking.  Or if it was, I was repeating something
being claimed by someone in the audience -- merely repeating it louder so
that everyone could hear.

I recall hearing the same thing -- about a Jeep pitman arm that was:

1) less drop than the Skyjacker but more than stock Scout II, and
2) shorter than stock Scout II, but longer than the Skyjacker, and
3) compatible with Scout II steering gear sector shaft

But I'm afraid I don't recall a precise make/model/year for the source.
I'm not sure that a *precise* make/model/year was offered.

Bill

----------
> From: Jeff Tarquinio <tark_terra@domain.elided>
> To: ihc-digest <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
> Subject: Drop pitman arms
> Date: Friday, October 02, 1998 5:47 AM
>
> Bill,
>   I remember talking about this at one of the seminars at the nats.  We
were saying how the "Superlift" (Skyjacker has one too) drop pitman arm is
too short to get full swing of the steering.  You said that a 3" drop arm
for a mid 70's  full size Jeep (Wagoneer?) was the same spline and longer.
I'm I right about this?  I'm thinking of purchasing one for my 4" lift to
help with steering geometrical differences.