Re: Dans Master Cylider

<snip>
>goes on "upstream" from that point (above the fluid) shouldn't affect
this
>sealed system's ability (or lack thereof) to build pressure.  Only when
the
>master cylinder piston returns to the "back" position is it re-exposed
>the reservoir, for another little "gulp" of fluid -- as needed due to
pad
>wear, etc.

>Can someone point out my misconceptions, if any?

>Bill Thebert
I agree,  I ran Saran wrap as a gasket for months, switched to a new MS
gasket (a real one) and no difference in stopping power. The bellows on
the MS gasket get sucked down, they do not apply pressure.

ut-oh manerising<sp>... what if I put an air fitting on the top of the
MS housing and ran a line from my compressor to the fitting on the MS
with an in line switch so that if (when) I wanted a little boost in the
"Whoa" department, hit the switch and *power* air and hydraulic and
vacuum (is that right?). Everything would be down stream from the
compressor.
Or would that be an air powered mico lock?<BG>

Willy
SS II