Re: Steve and me

>Gee, Steve,
>That's what I just wrote, almost. Those are the right two cylinders for

Great minds think alike I guess... ;)

>It would really help me if Tom could tell us if the fouling is oily or
>not. I think he said that he couldn't really tell.

Having my stepdad take a peek, he didn't seem to think it was oily.

He knows more 'bout these things than me... 'cept I know more about
Binders...he *had* a '75 3/4T 4x4 some many years back that he'd bought for
a moderate sum ($500?) put double that into some engine work and such (some
head work and other goodies).. then got disgusted when he broke the
distributor gear (I think that's what he said it later turned out to be) and
dumped it for $300... hindsight, he coulda kept that 3/4T w/ 392 lyin'
around for me... but then he didn't know me back then (I'm not positive I
was alive then, either... well, I should've been, the truck was a '75, I'm a
'76 model... and for what he paid he didn't buy new)

His statement, as I showed the plugs... "lean... lean... lean... *RICH*
*RICH*... lean lean" :-)

Of course, I didn't show 'im *all* of the plugs.. just enough to get the
idea that 2 were fouled, rest not.

One plug (#8?) was white... which I believe is to be read as "very lean"

I was going to lay the plugs out on a white piece of paper and then use my
video camera and capture board to make a JPG and post to my website... just
haven't.  :)

-Tom