Tom's grinning

>The whole weekend was worth it.  I haven't felt this great in years.  So I'm
>down one spare driveshaft and t'case... I'll just wait for someone to give
>me another parts rig.  :-)
>
>- -Tom, tired but still grinnin'

Tommy,
Amazing what a woman (girl if you prefer) can do for a guy's attitude,
isn't it?
I think I remember this as being a truism.

If John L. is right, and your problem is your valve guides, then isn't it
interesting that the two cylinders showing the symptoms are opposite each
other. As much as I respect John's opinion, I'm going to guess that the
problem is somehow with fuel, not valve guides. It'll be interesting for
us to find out what you find when you get the springs off those valves.

With those cylinders being as close to the source of fuel, (the carb) as
a cylinder can get, would they tend to show the effects of too-rich fuel
more than 1,2,7,8?  What do you think about this, John L. ?

Anyway, Tom, checking the valve guides is so easy, that you need to do it
first, being as the plugs don't seem to be defining your problem as fuel
or oil.

John
John H.