A few questions(1 non-IH)

Hi everyone,
I'm going to be moving from Long Island, NY(el.20') to Lake Tahoe
CA.(el.6200') and was wondering what(if any) kind of adjustments I'll
have to make to the carb.  I am also wondering how much of a difference
in milage
there is with vs without the smog pump hooked up(1980 Scout II w/ a 304
and 727).
I bought a new 33 gallon gas tank have heard some people say that you
should use one of those tank liners on the inside before installing it.
I've also heard that you don't need to use them on a new tank.  Any
thoughts on why this should or shouldn't be done?  And if anyone needs a
19 gal. tank, let me know.
I'm looking to buy a hard top for a 1980 Scout II(any Scout II top will
interchange, right?)  I need the rails that go on top of the quarters
plus all bolts, screws, and gaskets.  And would prefer one w/ the
sliding windows and fiberglass inserts.  I'll be traveling along I-80
and/or I-70 from NY to CA in alittle over a week in case anyone has one
that
lives near those roads.  I will also be traveling from Lake Tahoe down
to Phoenix for anyone that has one for sale in Nevada, Arizona, or So.
Cal. area.
Now the non-ih question(Please respond off list).  As I said, I'm moving
to Lake Tahoe
and was wondering if anyone had any info./opinions about cost of living,
likes/dislikes
of the area, tips about finding cheap housing, etc.
Sorry about the bandwith and thanks for any help.
        Brian