RE: Lite Line Disks + a mystery

> Actually, I checked my data books and they were not an available option
> until late '73.

Curiouser and curiouser.  Here's a REAL  fact: I keep saying the 1010 is a '71 because
that's what the guy who sold it to me said-  I have the title, but can't find it at the
moment...

The brakes just really seem to be original-- the  rear plates are rusted through!  And there's
no way that they were added late in life, this truck just wasn't in good enough shape for that
kind of work.  The 392 is clearly not a '73 motor: not ImprCool, not the one-year only carb, wrong
intake manifold, etc. etc.  The brightwork is 71-72 style, and the grill is 72-73 style (as
per the pictures in Crismon).

Of course, everything (brakes, engine, and grill) but the brightwork have the potential
to be bolt-ons from a different year.

How 'bout I give you MY serial number when the sun comes back up?

Soooo...

At this point I'm sure of the answer to my original question- discs were first
available at all on the solid axle trucks in 74.  Did Howard or you say they
were standard equipment?  Even on the basic 100?

And it's looking like that the first 1/2 tons you could get discs on were 73 1010 series
vehicles- my so-called "71" is likely going to be prove out as a chimera- but what kind?
(So far the only thing that makes sense is a '72 retrofitted with '73 discs very early in life)

Now, as discs as standard equipment in '73, even late '73??
- well, so it was claimed by an IH sales brochure for the '73 Wagonmaster.  Actually
not hard proof for me... Sales brochures sometimes contain wishful thinking.

Are we all synchronized at this point??

As far as the two other things you brought up:

#1- The 73-only discs-- I read somewhere that they were supposed to be the same
as Chrysler police brakes, but I just know that would be too good to be true.
 I am pretty sure though that the Chrysler brake pads fit, as Chrysler part numbers
were posted in an IH Newsletter or early Happenings.

#2- Owning and breathing Scouts:  You have the wrong attitude: I look upon this list
as an ripe source of future IHC Light Truck owners, they just require us to show them
the light!!!