Brake switches and Roch NY!

Dan,

        Not quite.  The brake switch is made to be open when the pedal is up,
and when you apply pressure to the pedal, it pulls the lever AWAY from the
switch allowing it to close, and light the brake lights in the back of the
truck.  If you take the switch out of the mounting tab and let it dangle the
brake lights will always be ON.  If you take the switch connector off and let
the connector dangle, the brake lights will always be OFF.  I just hope this
helps.  The switch doesn't push to close, it's a pull to close. like a
motorcycle.

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727 RE8000, Cibie40s, custom
                rear tire rack, 6 different color body panels.
                Not much sport, all utility.
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727 Hummer brush guard,
                3/4T rear springs, Hella Rallye 2000s, Con-Ferr 5x7,
                Class IV hitches front and rear, 3" Exhaust.
                1st Place, Rocky Mountain IH Rendezvous,
                3rd Place, Tulare IH Western Regionals.
         '74 IHC Travelall 150? 2wd 392/tf727 "The 'new' one"
                Factory AM/FM, Cruise, Tilt, AC, Captains Chairs,
                Rblt, Alt, carb, fuel pump, ps pump, water pump, dash,
                seats, rear door, starter, master cyl, what could be left?