Re: John Glancy

   When I was in Springfield, I went to SSS and saw the new shop. Very
nice indeed. I got to look around at all the really neat stuff they have
stashed all over the store, including boxes of OEM rubber spring
bushings.
   You mentioned things that Light Line is doing to preserve the
vehicles, here is a case in point. You know the factory u-bolt plates
that go beneath the springs in the 3 corners of the Scouts? Well, LL has
a lot of, I don't remember which left or rights, new. But, no new ons of
the other side. So they have a guy who plasma cuts the shock bolt flange
off one side and TIGs it back on the other side. They look factory when
he is done, and I'm sure that it isn't an easy job, or cheap. Some of
you may know what happens to these u-bolt plates after a while. I've had
2 of them rip at the shock flange and the back of a u-bolt hole. So,
having new ones available is very nice. I didn't even know you could get
these items new. I was fortunante in that I did have a parts Scout
laying around with good ones on it.
   Just an example. Maybe we should spend a thread praising the LL
dealers for a while since we spent a whole thread bashing them. It can't
hurt.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
1979 Scout II 345, 727, D44's w/3.07's, 4" Triangle lift.
1971 Scout II 304, D30/44, D20, power steering.

Now with Pictures!