Re: Gas pedal question

> From: Ed Kraus <Edkraus@domain.elided>
> Second question, with the installation of the sound proofing and carpet
> my gas pedal does not have full deflection anymore.  there is enough
> play in the wire and pedal to adjust it but I will have to crimp
> something to the wire to pull it through the pedal further.

Ed:

Perhaps I'm just not envisioning this properly -- but I'm concerned about
your proposed solution here.

If you simply "shorten" the throttle cable as you're proposing, you may be
able once again to achieve full throttle.  But you'll no longer be able to
fully *close* the throttle plates.  I think you need a solution that
restores the full *range* of throttle cable motion;  not one that simply
moves the reduced range *upward*.

Bill Thebert