Re: 4x4 Pickup Disc Brakes

> From: Chris & Ranae Procyk <procyk19@domain.elided>
> Crap, I remembered the article but forgot that it was John Comer- so
please tell
> me that the tow rig he was using at the Nationals WASN'T the converted
vehicle-

> From: cookiedan@domain.elided (Daniel Nees)
> Chris,
>    Argus, the Comers tow rig, is the truck that John did the conversion
> on. Sorry, you should have asked me then, I would have told you it was.

Chris, Dan:

The Comers' camper/tow-rig DOES have disc brakes, but it is NOT the vehicle
featured in the conversion article from the Bulletin.  "Argus" is a 3/4-ton
rig, with 8-lug wheels.  The conversion article from the Bulletin included
a parts list specifically for 5 x 5.5" half-ton rigs.

The specific rig that was in the shop when the photos for the article were
taken happened to be a Travelall.

Bill Thebert
The Binder Bulletin