Superlift

William Cunningham <slypigs@domain.elided> asked:

>In my search for the right lift kit for my 77 SS II I remembered someone on
>this list mentioning that Tonto was sporting a Super Lift brand kit that was
>designed by Willy Worthy.
>I would like to hear (read) from anyone with first hand experience with the
>Super Lift kit. I have heard from the Soft Ride and Triangle crowd but cannot
>recall hearing from folks with the Super Lift springs.
>Four Wheel Parts Warehouse did not list them on their Web Page but e-mailed me
>this information:

I am putting a 4" Superlift kit on my wife's Scout right now. Very straight
forward. But!!!! you will need a 9/16" bit to redrill the locating hole on
the spring perches. The holes on my '79 were 1/2" and the locating pins on
the Superlift springs were 9/16".

No big deal except I don't have a bit that size (I have an auger and a
paddle that size) so I had to stop in the middle and go get one.

If you haven't put extended brake lines on yet, do it first. My rear axle
hung by the brake libe while I changed springs.

I'll say more when I know more.

                                /////
                               ( / \ )
                              (  O O  )