Subject: Ignition woes
Author:  tsm1@domain.elided (Tom Mandera) at internet
Date:    9/25/98 12:43 PM

     Alright, I mentioned the '72 304 not starting on Wednesday.. I yanked
     the high tension coil lead and pushed it back in, wiggling it
     carefully, and it roared to life.  So last night, new plugs wires and
     coil wire.
My only other thought is a failing coil?  Would it work sporadically?  I
have the coil off the '77 196... anything different between the '72 304
points and the '77 196 gold box coils?

Or am I going to just get fed up and dig out the Summit catalog for an
MSD... and trade for a new set of issues. :-)

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout