Plug wires

>If there are none, has anyone tried Ford or Mopar big block wires?  With
>the engine size being close to the same and with the distributor in the
>front, I would think there would be at least a close fit here.  It would
>also seem to give a better selection of better wires than the universals do.
>
>Thoughts?
>
>Paul Brakefield
>"Dirtball"

In my opinion, Paul, the best bet on wires is to buy a set of
make-up-your-own plug wires made by Mallory, Jacobs, Accel (maybe, I've
never used any of these), or some other premium wire manufacturer. They
come with the plug connectors and boots already installed, and you cut
them to exactly the length you need them and then you add the distributor
end connectors and boots and install the wires. You will need a tool to
install the connector, but the tool lasts forever and in my opinion is a
good one to have. Belden' name is on the tool that I have.

I had a set of Jacobs wires that I liked a lot, except that they were
blue and didn't look good in my red engine compartment. I changed to
Mallory when I put my Unilite in, and although the wires look much
better, I didn't like them as well as I had liked the Jacobs because of a
couple of little things, like the way that the Jacobs plug boots let you
bend them at the angle you needed and then the boots kind of take that
set. The Mallory boots do what they want to do, and you live with them.
(A little too anthropomorphic, but you get my gist). These premium wires
are very resistant to heat compared to regular plug wires.

Anyway, this is what I would recommend that you do. It's going to cost
you more for this quality of wire, but they will last forever.
John H.