Re: A/C compressors, again

>     I'm planning to do some rummaging in a large junkyard in eastern PA
>     this weekend, and one of the things on my "wish list" is an A/C
>     compressor & brackets for adding on-board air.  I know there was a

Hmm.. I could use another one of those brackets, too... ;-)

>     surprised to hear that.)  Anyway - I understand that there are several
>     different "size" (i.e. output rates) compressors that were, if I

Sheesh, Joe... details are all on my webpage under my On-Board Air Conversion!
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout/faq/york.html

There are 6cubic inch, 9c.i., and 10c.i.displacement versions.

Models:

F206R - 6cid
F210R 10cid
R209R 9cid
R210L 10
T210L 10

I have a nine... it was the first one we pulled out of the pile of compressors.

Ford used York compressors, and so did AMC... my on-board air is from a Jeep!

>     So, for maximum air output, what specific compressors might one
The 10cid would be the one to get I guess.. more importantly, dont' get the 6!

>     At this point, I'm going into this somewhat blind (although I have
>     seen a few setups on the web), and I'd like to gather a little info
>     before I go looking for my next tetanus scare.  Any info is
>     appreciated.

http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout/faq/77onboardair.html

Is the details of my fun...

I need to build the tensioning bracket onto my compressor... and then get
the belt hooked back up.

I've been without an air compressor since I put the V8 in!  It's all there..
just no belt...

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout IIs