Subject: RE:Speakers 6x9 or Round????
Author:  Matt Palguta <mpalguta@domain.elided> at internet
Date:    9/22/98 10:21 PM

 Ed Kraus <Edkraus@domain.elided> Typed:

>Question: which speakers would fit and work better on the side kick
>panels of a Scout II?  A 6x9 speaker or a Round say 5 inch?  I have
>never installed nor know the sound difference I have my new Crutchfield

>Magazine out now trying to decide on a cheap speaker thats loud enought

>to over come the Scouts noise level.  I also see that they now sell
>Water proof baffles for your speakers to sit in $8.00 each not bad if
>they work...

On my 1980 the rear speakers are factory mounted behind the doors on the
sides. They are 5 1/4" and the middle of the speaker lines up about the e
prices in the current Crutchfield flyer are a bit confusing JBL GTO502 (5
1/4) $79.99, GTO602 (6 1/2) $69.99, GTO962 (6x9) $69.99 ??? They also
list wedge style boxes, hmmm boxed 6x9's mounted higher between the roll
bars on the side.... Generally the larger spkr sizes have wider frequency
response and handle more input power. Best of luck with the interior
refurbish and sound deadening

Matt Palguta
Somerset, PA
--

Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?