Digesting the digest & Rod of GUS

Yes, Rod does not participate in the internet, and may never after reading
some of the out of line comments that have been made about him on this forum.
Some of you missed the boat completely; I could not beleive what I was
reading.

As a favor to Rod if I come accross any postings (Good Or Bad) to do with GUS
I will print them and fax them to Rod.
He received the entire Weatherstipping thread including the comments that
started it all: "Giddum up Scout wants $100      for everything......IT'S
RIDICULOUS!!!!"  If this comment(s) would have been made about SSS I'm sure I
would have had to reply in some manner more or less. Rod was free to comment
on his own and I agreed to post it at his request.
Rod has received all comments from then on - He may or may not choose to
comment futher.  If you were take his opinion (free speach eh?) of the
internet out of his statement I wonder if certain folks would have caught his
message and the problem of a subject being blown up & twisted? I have to agree
with Rob Marks "KNOW YOUR IMPACT" comment; so much of what is said on the
internet good & bad has an effect on many things, business, & life in general.
If someone makes a rash comment can it be taken back? or is the damage caused
by this able to be repaired? If a party recommends some improvement that is
not so good & causes problems or worse who pays for it?  I believe the Digest
and the Binder Bulletin to be a great source of information and enjoyment for
most people; but just like most things in life its not perfect.  I am new to
this computor stuff also and I am learning - If we want to encourge "old dogs"
such as Rod to get envolved with internet should we blast him (call Em a
"Redneck" etc) when he does comment or should we say : Oh I'm sorry you feel
that way about the internet - could I or would you help to change this in some
way?   Why are some folks so defensive when someone expesses something
negative about the internet? There is more to life I hope.

Just Some thoughts and I could be wrong.

John Glancy of  S.S.S. Inc.