Mysterious Rear end noise found!

Well, I've removed everything inside my Scout except the driver seat.
I'm currently prepping the interior for a power sanding job tomorrow and
some primer paint.  Then I have sound deading thermo guard and NEW
carpet kit from the nationals! :)
I've spent 2 days removing about 50 lbs of New Jersey sand from the
truck, (DAN NEES please come and take this stuff home it has no place in
pittsburgh!)

ANYWAY, with everything out of the truck its much easier to locate
origins of strange noises.  They are much easier to hear too.  I've
found that Monoroe Muffler installed my Pipes to close to my rear drive
shaft and the loud noise once thought to be my rear end going out is
actually my pipes rubbing off my drive shaft.

This also would be the reason I was nicknamed Sparky on the way to the
Nationals by Dan and Joe.  We could not figure out where the sparks were
coming from when I hit bumps.  Of course Joe would see sparks after we
filled with gas and we all know what a scout II does if you top off the
tank and have removed your evaporator system.  (drip, drip, boom!).  So
anyway Monroe will be seeing me soon!

Ed Kraus
1974 Scout II, I-6 258 AMC, Dana 44, Sparks, no interior, Manifold that
leaks oil, and well a loving owner who is willing to continue to pump
money into it knowing full well I could get a J@*P or bronco cheaper.
Hmmm, I just like being different!