Re: Internet Credibility and Impact

Bill,

Here's my idea. For each vendor, allow only one post from any customer, and
ONLY if it has a valid name and e-mail attached from the postee. Allow one
post from the vendor in reponse. This method would serve many purposes.

One post per individual towards a vendor eliminates multiple rebuttals,
threads, verbal fights, etc. Maybe I would insist that comments only include
facts, not impressions.

If the individual has had bad experiences at more than one vendor, we'd know
it may be the individual, not the vendor.

The name and e-mail would mean the person couldn't just be causing bad
feelings just because they have grudge, etc. and readers could contact the
person for more info/detailed comments.

The vendors response would let us see what they did to correct the situation.

Ideally, the vendor would get to see the individuals e-mail and given a chance
to respond, so that both the individuals comment and the vendors response
would be posted at the same time.

STeve - 74 Scout II with the infamous 40 gallon tank