Re: Dissimilar metals

In a brilliant stroke of genius, "Robert H. Hughes"
<robhughes100@domain.elided> blurted out:

>Is there some way
>I can get around it -- by painting the contacting surfaces, maybe?

Rob,

In Army helicopters, they used a product called "dissimilar metals tape."
It looked to me like a moderate gauge mylar sheet with peel and stick
adhesive on one size.  It was primer green to match the frame color of the
helicopter.  Pieces would be cut to size and placed between the mating
surfaces of dissimilar parts.

I would think any sort of strong, electrically insulating material would be
just the thing you need.  You could buy some heavy mylar document covers
and cut them to fit between the parts you're installing.  You simply need
something that will stop the flow of electrical current which develops
between two dissimilar metals, will hold up to the vibration an chaffing
and will stay in place.

Regards,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com    |
Conservative Libertarian      |
Life Member of the NRA        |        All the GOOD things in life
WA Arms Collectors            |              are DANGEROUS!
Commercial Helicopter - Inst. |
www.halcyon.com/jlandry/      |