Re: Dissimilar metals

>In past digests, I remember people discussing some problems with >aluminum
up against steel.  Can anyone explain this?  Is there some
>I can get around it -- by painting the contacting surfaces, maybe?

It's the galvanic properties... dissimilar metals will "rust" each other.
Galvanized steel isn't as great as one things... basically it's setup so the
"galvanizing" will "rust" first... but once it's "used up", guess what goes
next?  The steel behind it.  ;)

Painting would be a good start.. make sure it won't rub off tho'!

Hmm.. those bed rails are not too large... maybe this is a chance to use Tom
Harais's favorite "Plasti-Dip"... ;)

-Tom