Rod's comments

Sheesh! lots of feedback on Rod's comments in the space of two days.

Cookiedan mentioned:
"But, again, I will say that technology is moving fast now, I do buy
alot over the net, CD's, my High Lift I bought on the Net, I use the net

to look for things that I want to buy. Alot of times I'll buy things,
like that High Lift, that I couldn't buy in a local store, but; wouldn't

have called on the phone to order it. "

And Curt Cleavinger mentioned:
"I got my first IH vehicle 2 1/2 years ago. At the time,
I don't think I would have had the confidence to make a 22 year old
vehicle my primary driver without the knowledge that there was a
collective wisdom here that I could consult if I came up against a
particularly difficult problem. I first heard of GUS and SSS on the
internet, and have since ordered quite a bit of stuff from both. I
don't think they would have had that business without the internet. "

Right on. Caveat emptor. I found out about Erick Foor from (I think)
either  Tom M's webpage or Jim Weed's webpage, and I was fortunate
enough find myself located a mere 20 minutes north of him, and that was
a large part of my decisionto find a Scout. If I hadn't heard about the
various web resources and specialty shops around the country from the
web, there's no way in hell I would have considered buying my Scout.
However, Rod's comments won't stop me from calling Giddum Up if and when
I ever get around to working on my truck by myself (and not bugging
Erick.)

To add to J. Landry's water-for-gas satire, the only thing that would
have made it more fitting for this medium would have been if he added a
line at the bottom with ordering instructions, a price, and a link to a
secure web credit card sales page.

--
Bill Dugan
bdugan@domain.elided