Weatherstripping & it's NOT GUS related!!!

Good morning everyone,

I guess I'm getting tired of all the posts about who's right or wrong on
any particular subject.  We all have our own opinions and points of view,
and that's something I don't ever want to see changed or have regulated.
Personally, I think the computer is a demon out to destroy my life, and
that the internet is a portal to hell, but that's another topic for my
Am-I-Insane-Digest group.  Getting a BS in Computer Science was a smart
move, huh?

Anyway, I'm getting ready to order some weather-stripping for my 76 Terra
and have had nothing but bad luck when it comes to using adhesives for
attaching this stuff.  I've used 3M products and at least a half dozen
other brands trying to get this stuff to bond like original equipment.
I've only used one product that actually worked for me and it came with a
stripping kit.  The only problem is I don't know which kit it was, and the
adhesive tube was unlabeled.

I followed the directions on each different adhesive, including actually
scuffing a brand new paint job so that the stuff would have something to
bond to, and rinsing the weather-stripping with alcohol(Bacardi 151;-)).
Just kidding, but still no luck!  The products which require an ample
amount of the goo to be put on both surfaces and allowed to dry, and then
reapplied was done too, with no success.  I'm getting close to getting a
can of instant foam and sealing every crevice and orifice on the darn truck
just to keep the water out.  Of course, I'm not too sure how I'll get in or
out of it after.  Maybe I could ... (Uh oh, rambling alert)

Can anybody suggest a product that they have had great results with for
bonding weather-stripping?  And I don't care if you are affiliated with any
supplier, company, hate group, or chorus group.  I need something sticky,
and quick. (Don't read into that one) :-)

Take care everyone and hopefully I'll get to drive this Scout on the road
someday!

John W.
76 Scout Terra (please help me get this blue tarp off, permanently)