Re: Landry's water burner

In a brilliant stroke of genius, Richard Welty
<rwelty@domain.elided> blurted out:

>At 07:53 PM 9/17/98 -0400, Doug Rasmussen wrote:
>>  Were we supposed to use distilled water?  It doesn't work with plain old
>>tap water !
>
>i would imagine that it varies from one water district to the next. it
>works fine with the tap water here in troy, ny.

It's really a function of you water's mineral content and pH.

The minerals present in the water are actually beneficial as an anti-knock
compound.  With distilled water, your engine will run cleaner, but the
advance might have to be retarded slightly.

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com    |
Conservative Libertarian      |
Life Member of the NRA        |        All the GOOD things in life
WA Arms Collectors            |              are DANGEROUS!
Commercial Helicopter - Inst. |
www.halcyon.com/jlandry/      |