re:T-Handle screw lengths

Pulled one of these out of my liftgate and compared at a local hardware
store. The screw is a 10-32 flat head machine screw and it measures 1.5
inches long. Measure the ones at the hardware store. The little bin I
found them in said 1.5 but they were shorter about 1.25 - probably
mislabeled. The screw appears to be stainless steel which might be to
cut down on dissimilar metal corrosion going into the cast handle plate.
Use some antiseize and/or get stainless screws.

>From: "Rob C" <robc10x@domain.elided>
>Subject: T-Handle screw lengths
>
>        Anyone know what the size and more importantly the length of
the two
>screws that go on the inside of the liftgate on a Scout II through to
>the t-handle?  I bought one at the nats and havn't been able to find
the
>two back screws to keep it secure.  My old T handle was missing these
>and the result was that due to my herculean strength, I pulled it off
>the truck with the outer screw still attatched to the truck!

Matt Palguta 1980 Scout II
 http://www.vidtronics.com/nationals   Pictures from Springfield