Subject: Re: Spring Lift
Author:  tsm1@domain.elided (Tom Mandera) at internet
Date:    9/16/98 6:11 PM

>I am going to start the job on friday night. I hope to get the rear
>springs off friday night. That will be the hardest part. The front I had
>off last year and that has fresh grade 8 zinc coated bolts in there

Did you get new bushings for the frame end of the shackles?  I hear an air
chisel works wonders... a propane torch and a hacksaw get the job done, but
it's not fun.

>already. I can't wait. I guess I need to do before and after
>measurements. Yom, you go from the top of the tube to the frame bottom,
>right?

Top of the axle tube to the frame, or to the bump stop *bracket*.

I crawled under Glancy's 300mile Scout and took measurements to add to my
'baseline"... along with measurements off his personal 4" Triangle Lifted
SII.  Gotta get those out of my "bag o' stuff" and add it to my chart..

-Tom