Shocks

>From: "Robert N. Deruy" <bobxian@domain.elided>
>Subject: shocks
>
>Any idea where to find a great deal on shocks for a Scout II with a 4"
>lift. This is a 90% rock-crawler, I don't need (or want) RS-9000, just 4
>shocks for $100 or less.
>
>Any ideas will be deeply appreciated.

Bob,
Central 4WD recommended RS 5000 shocks for my Scout with the 4" lift and
they cost me right at $100. They're fine at this point. At least as good
as the Gabriels that Trailmaster sold me with the kit, and which the
dealer I got the kit from told me were Bilsteins. I took one of the
psuedo-Bilsteins in with me, and although there was only Trailmaster's
name on the shock, the counter guy knew right away that they were
Gabriels.

No strong opinions here, but the RS5000 shocks are good ones.
John H.