Subject: Nationals

<I forgot, John Langmaid won 1st in street stock Scout 80's Sorry,
<John.
<
<Dan Nees

Got tangled up with my relatives while out there and didn't get a chance
to do much more than just pop in and out of the nationals on Fri and
Sat, so didn't get a chance to meet anybody other than Jerry Muncie and
his wife.  Was feeling pretty sorry for myself until I noticed that Dan
had credited me with winning 1st in street stock, which would have been
great except that I don't own a scout 80 (but hey, maybe this would be
an excuse to pick up one for next year, since i've already got Dan's
vote...hmm, have to run it by the wife!).  Maybe the holes in the floor
of his rig are leaking a little exhaust up into the cab?? <bg> Seriously
though, I left too early to get a list of the winners, but someone else
deserves mention as the rightful winner.  Two other things, one of the
vendors (farthest down the row from AT Scouts) there had a complete
interior (black) for a travelall marked at $150, but I couldn't find
anyone at the tent.  Was it anyone on the list, or does anyone know who
this was and if it's still for sale?  Also, on my way back home Monday I
passed a convoy of three scouts, a green SSII from around Topeka KS, a
sharp pearl colored 1980 with Johnson County plates, and a red terra
with one of the optional dealer installed toppers (which I think was
displayed in one of the livestock barns).  Any of those trucks belong to
a digest member?  Was anybody from the Nats staying in Buck Creek State
Park (red half cab), about cabin 24?  Was staying in 21, but couldn't
seem to catch anybody in down there (mainly due to the timing of the
aforementioned relatives).  Lastly, the wife left the camera at home and
I didn't get any photos of the trucks this year...if anyone has any good
ones they'd like to share i'd be more than happy to pay the cost of
printing, shipping and something extra to cover their trouble in
exchange for some photos (would especially like one of that red KB-7).
Will have my schedule better arranged for next year's nats, and
hopefully will be able to meet a few more of you.
John