Re: Keys and locks (The Disease)

Joel Brodsky wrote-
>        Good luck, and congrats on your contraction of 'the >disease'.  Now
>you'll be combing any and every parts locator book, and >newspaper for more
IH
>stuff.  Pretty soon you'll have two or more trucks, and >assorted IH 'crap'
like
>stickers, glasses, toys, clocks, signs, the list goes on and on.

Oh, the disease.  I was over at my friends house doing a little garage hang
time Monday, and across the street in the garage was the rear of an old body
style Travelall under piles of wood stock.  Had seen it before and had my
interest piqued.  So the owner of the garage wanders over and is chatting with
us, we start talking binder.  Soon my friend makes his excuses and slips away.
I go over with the elder to check the binder.  68 custom, body beautiful, 2wd,
torsion bar front suspension (sits Low), and oh,the Headliner, what a
beautiful headliner.  The tranny was rebuilt with incorrect seals, according
to the elderly owner and thats why it's now parked.  As his conversation
wandered through various reminisences of farm equipment he had been around
throughout his life, and the history of every shop tool in his garage (some
nice stuff, by the way), I'm trying to visualize having 2 large IHs, 2 cars,
and a motorcycle in an urban neighborhood where there are street cleaning
moves and when the neighbors can't park who are they gonna blame?
Oh the pain, the pain.
Dennis Millward
63 1200 4x4